This page holds all the HeroQuest related downloads, made by me and various other contributors. Also at the bottom you will find some links to related websites.
HeroQuest is a turnbased computer game in a fantasy setting, Inspired on MB's and Games Workshop's boardgame 'HeroQuest'. It focuses on four different heroes working through various quests, encountering foes ranging from goblins to chaos warriors. You can play the original campaign, additional quests or wander the self generating magic dungeon. A user friendly quest editor is also included.
Note: this is not the HeroQuest game published by Gremlin in 1992, but a new Allegro/DirectX game made by me.
7-11-2012: The game is now fixed to work in a multi-core environment in a window.
HeroQuest PC-Game; Quest packs (misc. authors)
These are addon quest packages, submitted by their authors in order to share them with others. Great work guys, let me know if you have remarks on the way I present these quests on this website. Newest files are last in the list.
- Classic adventures - Four quests developed by Dennis
- Zdim's HeroQuest Adventures - Four quests developed by Zdim, plus 2 new Quests!
- Hoggle's Hollow - A five chapter quest developed by Morf, updated!
- L'Anello di Fuoco / Fire Ring - 29 chapter campaign, using new objects, IN ITALIAN, by R. Bichi.
- Abandoned Places - A single quest with extensive storyline, by Jeff.
- Hero Pest (EN) - 11 chapter quest by Andreas with documentation, English version.
- Hero Pest (DE) - 11 chapter quest by Andreas with documentation, German version.
- Hexen - Beyond HeroQuest - 20 chapter quest based on the raven 3D computer game, by 5thman.
- Heretic - An 8 chapter quest, based on the earlier raven game, by 5thman.
- Pietroschek's dungeons - four dungeon quests with quite some opposition.
- The Blackened Sword of Mariscal - A single detailed quest based on the original board, by Alberto Sáez
HeroQuest PC-Game; Quest packs made by Peter
An impressive collection of quests all made by Peter Karsten, they now are arranged here in their own section. Starting with the earlier
creations to the latest ones down on the list.
- HeroQuest Adventures - Contains nine quests, updated!
- Nemezzeena - Quest campaign of seven chapters.
- Magic Dungeon II - Twenty quests inspired on the magic dungeon.
- The Crypt - A twelve level adventure.
- Konig's Key - Seven level quest.
- Konig's Keep - A five chapter quest.
- Dekka-Quest - Sixteen chaptered quest.
- The Mystery of Loch'Fern - A six chapter campaign.
- Kellar's Keep - Rough version of the 1st original GW expansion set.
- Return of the Witchlord - Rough version of the 2nd original GW expansion set.
- Advanced HeroQuest - Rough version of the followup boardgame.
- Castle Hellgraine - a HeroQuest Adventure in 10 parts.
- Caves of Mystery - a six chapter campaign.
- The trials of Marius - 10 chapter campaign.
- Revenge of the witchlord - Ten chapter campaign, a map is included.
- Nemezzeena: The Resurrection - This is an extensive campaign, with several bonus quests, a map and a short story.
- Trilogy Series - Actually 7 hero quest packs with 3 quests each, this is the second edition.
- Paladin: In Quest of the Runes - Three quests with multiple chapters, goes with the paladin pdf document.
- Against the Ogre Horde - Special Edition - Has two skill levels and some bonus mini quests.
- Adventure - An older but never published campaign of 12 chapters, taking place at a castle area.
- The Mage of the Mirror - A remake of this official heroquest expansion
- The Ancient Catacombs of Zarbok Del - With extra mini quests and 4 monster cards.
- How Green is my Fortune - The master's 10th anniversary quest! With 4 chapters.
- The Temple of Malisar - New as of 2014, with hub map as PDF (3,5MB).
- Castle Kasturburus - New as of 2014, With 3 additional mini quests.
Other HeroQuest files
Concerning the pdf files marked , better not open them directly but instead 'right click' then 'save' them on your computer first.
- HeroQuest Linux binaries - Linux port of the V2.08H 'Work in progress' version of 3-2008, requires the WIP datafiles.
- HeroQuest JC - Juan Carlos (Spain) made this modified game, including spells (2.09e).
- HeroQuest Manual PDF - Peter Karsten started out on creating this deluxe version of the manual.
- HeroQuest Manual Appendices - A supplement to the above manual.
- Paladin: The Book - An extensive background story and map to accompany the paladin quests (2,3MB).
- HQ Reference Guide-Book 2008 - A book with the background and the attributes of all characters in Peters quests, (1,6MB).
- Evil Wizard Ref. Guide Book 2008 v2.3 - New illustrated rules for the boardgame, By Peter Karsten (37MB).
- Evil Wizard Ref. Guide Supplement I - Supplement to the above, By Peter
- Evil Wizard Ref. Guide Supplement II - Supplement to the above, By Peter
- Dragon Strike™ - The Dragons Master's Edition - Manual for a HeroQuest-like boardgame with new characters, items and adventures, By Peter (25MB).
- Heroquest mod by ME VII (v0.7) - An all inclusive HeroQuest install with many graphics and sound adjustments (39MB).
HeroQuest related links
- Allegro Game Depot - The HeroQuest project page at the excellent Allegro.cc game programming depot.
- Dewayne's HeroQuest site - www.aginsinn.com The best site on heroQuest has unfortunately retired...
- HeroQuest 'Ye Olde
Inn' - A new website with the nobel ambition of 'resurrecting Dewayne Agin's Legacy'.
HeroScribe - Derfel Link's website, which offers a map making utility for the HeroQuest boardgame.
- Zdim's Dungeons Deep - Freeware Fantasy Dungeon Game Classics.
© Copyright 2003-2017 GB-Homepage